Rebecca practices transactional small business law, and has worked with clients in a broad range of transactional business matters. Rebecca enjoys hearing about her clients business ideas and helping them achieve their goals. Her firm often develops ongoing relationships with clients and serves as outside general counsel, helping them with a wide variety of transactional business matters. Rebecca has experience with business entity selection, formation, and maintenance; shareholder agreements; employment law issues; contract drafting, review, and negotiation; trademarks and copyright; leases; website terms and conditions; privacy policies; and more.
In law school, Rebecca was the Executive Notes & Comments Editor on the Chicago-Kent Law Review, and her article “Hidden Home Videos: Surreptitious Video Surveillance in Divorce” was published in the Chicago-Kent Law Review Journal in January, 2014. She was also active in many student organizations, including Women in Law and the Student Humanitarian Network, a group that volunteered at legal clinics in New Orleans during school breaks.
Rebecca is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and Dupage County Bar Association.
You can learn more about Rebecca at http://www.gglawoffices.com/.
- Assisted over 50 clients in choosing a business entity, forming the business entity, and providing information regarding operation and maintenance of the business entity;
- Drafted employee handbooks, offer letters, sexual harassment policies, employee dating policies, severance agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-competes, and independent contractor agreements;
- Drafted business sales agreements, loan agreements, consulting agreements, affiliate contracts, interior design contracts, and various other agreements;
- Reviewed numerous documents for clients, such as leases, stock option plans, profit share agreements, broker agreements, and various others; and
- Advised on several procedures, such as employment termination, employee hiring, changing business addresses, and removing shareholders.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2014, magna cum laude
- University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, 2011, Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude
- Elected Order of the Coif by vote of the Chicago-Kent faculty based on exceptional academic performance while in law school
- Bar & Gavel Inductee for outstanding service to the law school, the community, and the legal profession
- CALI awards in law school for the highest grade in Criminal Law, Contracts, Employment Relationships, and Legal Rights of Children