Erika L. Kruse
Erika focuses her practice on land use and other government regulations related to real estate development, as well as: economic development incentives; commercial real estate; and leasing, condemnation and municipal litigation. Her multi-faceted practice includes industrial, commercial and residential developments throughout the Illinois. She has secured some of the largest Tax Increment Financing assistance approved by the City of Chicago and significant grants and incentives from the State of Illinois. She has negotiated and obtained approvals for some of the most complex development projects in the metropolitan Chicago area, involving multi-layered approval processes by numerous governmental entities. Her clients include some of the largest regional and national real estate development companies, financial institutions and exchange groups.
- Represents various landlords and tenants in leasing of multiple city locations.
- Represented national banking institution in sale of major downtown office building.
- Represents national banking institution in sale of city and suburban commercial buildings.
- Represents various developer clients in negotiations of financing documents.
- Represented corporation in securing approval of $15 million in TIF assistance for rehabilitation of a downtown building in a headquarters deal for a commodities exchange.
- Represented major food manufacturer in obtaining $4.5 million in TIF assistance for rehabilitation of existing food manufacturing plant and state incentives consisting of job training assistance, EDGE tax credits and LBDP Grant.
- Represented technical and vocational institute in securing $3,300,000 in TIF assistance for construction of a new facility.
- Represented national banking institution in its efforts to obtain over $27 million in TIF assistance for construction of a new high technology national headquarters along with $5 million in state grants.
- Represented corporation in securing $5 million in TIF assistance for rehabilitation of downtown building for the new corporate headquarters of a major geographic data company. Assisted same corporation with ongoing compliance representation.
- Represented building developer in obtaining $9.75 million in TIF assistance for major manufacturer’s headquarters in West Loop building.
- Represented northwestern suburb in the creation of its largest Tax Increment Financing district.
- Represented airline in obtaining $24 million in incentives from the State of Illinois and City of Chicago, including tax increment financing for development of a new training center and support facilities for Midway operations.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois Supreme Court
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1994, magna cum laude
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., 1991
- Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent Rating