Michelle is a founding member of G & G Law, LLC and practices transactional small business law. Michelle’s greatest strength as a lawyer is thoroughly listening to her clients to determine how best to address their legal needs. She works hard to pinpoint potential legal issues with her clients and address them before they turn into expensive and time-consuming legal disputes.
She has experience in a broad range of transactional business matters, including: business entity selection and formation; contract drafting, review and negotiation; employment law issues; trademarks and copyright; pre-litigation dispute resolution; investment agreements; employee stock option plans; website terms and conditions and privacy policies; among others.
Many of Michelle’s clients find her outside general counsel package especially beneficial. With this package, Michelle is able to provide ongoing legal counsel and support for a flat fee each month. She is readily accessible to her clients for advice on legal issues that may come up while also reviewing, drafting, and updating legal documents and policies to ensure compliance and protect against potential legal liabilities.
Michelle graduated, cum laude, from Chicago-Kent College of Law. She easily relates to her clients as a business owner herself. In addition to founding her law practice, she is also a founder and part-owner of a test preparation tutoring business, Next Step Test Preparation LLC. Her practice, G & G Law, is in the Ravenswood neighborhood in Chicago.
You can learn more about Michelle and her practice at http://www.gglawoffices.com/.
- Incorporate and organize start-ups in Illinois and Delaware; including filings with the secretary of state and drafting ownership agreements
- Handling the trademark application and approval process, including reviewing likelihood of success, filing, and responding to Office Actions from the US Patent & Trademark Office
- Client agreements, such as consulting agreements, master services agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating leases
- Employment matters, such as hiring processes, termination, non-compete agreements, discrimination and harassment policies, and overall reviews of employment practices to ensure compliance
- Handling business purchases, including negotiations, contract drafting and review, filing the necessary documents with the city and state, and providing other helpful information
- Drafting and reviewing terms & conditions and privacy policies for websites
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, cum laude
- Michigan State University