Heidi has national experience representing clients in labor and employment, product liability, civil rights defense and general litigation matters. On behalf of employers, she has successfully litigated matters in state and federal courts, as well as in EEOC, IDHR, NLRB and Illinois Department of Labor administrative hearings.
In addition to her litigation experience, she also conducts training sessions and internal investigations, and counsels clients on employment law compliance. Heidi is a certified human resources professional and can counsel on broader human resources issues as well.
Heidi has undertaken a number of pro bono cases, including employment and criminal matters. She has also volunteered for Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, representing indigent clients in divorce proceedings.
- Defended employers (successfully) against discrimination claims brought in courts throughout the country, including the Northern District of Illinois and the Southern District of New York.
- Represented management in hearings and mediations before various federal and state labor agencies, including the EEOC, the IDHR and the NLRB.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of corporate client in a breach of contract claim brought by a former employee in the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Enforced covenants not to compete and defended management against employment contract claims.
- Advised clients in the drafting and revision of non-compete agreements, employment contracts, separation agreements, employee policies and handbooks and affirmative action plans.
- Conducted internal investigations, training and seminars for managers and supervisors on issues of workplace sexual harassment and equal employment opportunity.
- Represented manufacturers of industry-leading child products, medical products and electronics in multiple product liability actions brought in state and federal courts across the country.
- Represented government clients in civil rights actions, including obtaining two successful defense jury verdicts in the Northern District of Illinois.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Northwestern Law School, J.D., 2000
- St. John’s College, M.A., 1997
- American University, B.A., 1995